How do I import highlights from Google Play Books?
It's a little tricky to get set up, but you can import your Google Play Books highlights into Readwise by following the steps below.
1. Make sure your Google Play Books account is configured to "Save notes, highlights, and bookmarks in Google Drive" (see the section entitled "Turn on notes saving" on Google's help page here: Use & download bookmarks, notes, highlights, definitions, & translations)
2. Once this is properly configured, Google Play Books will start generating a Google Doc for each book containing your highlights (as shown below):
3. Once you've got this working, open the Google Doc for the book you wish to import into Readwise.
4. Select File > Email > Email as attachment (as shown below):
5. In the To field, enter [email protected] (as shown below):
6. In the format dropdown initially set to PDF by default, select HTML instead (as shown below):
7. Click Send
Please note that the Google Play Books import feature is still experimental so please let us know if you encounter any bugs or difficulties!